Sunday, December 9, 2012

The Zombie Apocalypse is Real

The zombie apocalypse is real...I know because I've been a zombie for a few days now. Who needs cable? Not me - I had the walking dead right here. Today wasn't so bad. I managed to get myself and my little family up and to church. And, we made it to 2 birthday parties this weekend - only because of the magic that is Dayquil.

Friday was another story. After about a week of sleepless nights and pretending I wasn't getting sick, it hit me like a ton of bricks. My son was home sick from school all week with a horrible cough. A cough that was worst at night and in the early mornings. A tossing-and-turning-can't-get-comfortable-no-matter-what-all-night-long kind of cough. An "I just want to be by you, Mommy" cough. It was one of those weeks where I drove to work and didn't actually remember the drive to work. Somehow my zombie-like brain got me there and got me through the day.

On Friday, I missed what was going to be a super-fun little road trip with a friend (still going to make it up to you, Kelly!) up north to a tasting party hosted by my favorite healthy-eating author and blogger*. But since I could barely swallow, couldn't really taste anything, and was in pain when I talked, I opted to stay home. After all, I was a zombie - and they like to eat human brains or something. At least that's what my 5-year-old dreams about. He told me one morning he had a dream that his dad and I fell out of bed, cracked our heads open and then zombies came to suck out our brains. WHA?! That would explain why I felt so miserable.

By the way...did I mention my dear little 3-legged dog, Annie, got into some chocolate chips on Tuesday and now my couch smells like dog puke and febreeze. Good times. I plan on tackling that smell when I'm feeling 100% better. I can handle some nasty stuff, but that smell is something else.

So Saturday was a little better. Went out for lunch with the boys and felt like I was going to pass out in Menards while we were trying to find someone who worked there who could help us with a shower module. Why is it that those sales vultures - I mean people - are always asking if you need help when you don't. But when you actually do - they are no where to be found?! We didn't leave Menards empty handed. We got 2 window scrapers, 2 candy bars and a giant packet of Starburst. DAMN them for putting that candy on sale at the check out! I was sick as a dog and still couldn't resist.

Today is the first day that my throat is feeling better. And just in time - I did an Advent reading at church and got to see my little man sing a couple songs with all the other Sunday School kids. They did awesome. But now I'm exhausted. The Packers are on and I may not be able to stay awake for the whole game. But I'll sleep good tonight. I'll get more sleep tonight than I have the past 5 nights combined. And we'll be back to normal tomorrow. My son will be back to school, I'll be back to work and I'll start to clean this disaster I've been living in for the past week. Tonight WILL NOT be night of the living dead.

I never liked zombie movies anyway.



*If you are at all interested in healthy eating, please check out Maria's blog: http://mariahealth.blogspot.com/. She is amazing as are her recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment